Skip to Main Content
General considerations for your research
- Print and online Bible dictionaries, commentaries and encyclopedias published before 1965 are out of date. Please only use Bible Reference resources published after 1965 (post Vatican II).
- For students unable to come to the Emmanuel College Library, check your local public library, local churches (Catholic or Protestant), or nearby college libraries for print Bible dictionaries or commentaries.
- If you are still unable to locate resources, please visit our Ask a Librarian page for assistance.
- Emmanuel College library print reference books are for in-library use only and cannot be checked out.
Reference Books for Background Information
- Eerdmans Dictionary of Early Judaism, 2010 REFERENCE BM 176.E34 2010
- Exploring the Old Testament, 2002 REFERENCE BS1140.3 .M33 2002
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible, 2004 REFERENCE BS1140.3 .C65 2004
Emmanuel College Library Contact
Search for Books
- The Online Catalog will help you find print and electronic books in the Library's collection.
- Sign into ebrary, Inc.™ and EBL using your Emmanuel username and password to take advantage of bookshelf features. You can save books to your bookshelf for quick access later.